Anyway, the color was still white so I hurried and thought of the first thing I could and said, "Well my teeth are white?" He stopped talking and I could tell he was thinking.
"But my teeth are brown." He said slightly puzzled by this fact.
I laughed and said, "No your teeth are white too."
"Oh," He sounded as though he's just had an epiphany. "My EYES are brown, like yours."
"Right!" I agreed, smiling and proud that he had figured it out for himself.
Then he asks, "Did you get yours at Wal-mart?"
I do believe that he gets some of his humor from his older brother, because the other day I was goofing around with Riley, and for some reason I turned to him and crossed my eyes. He laughed and asked me to do it again, so I did. He laughed again.
"What are you doing?" He asked me.
"I'm looking at my nose." I replied quickly.
"But I can't look at my nose." He said.
"Sure you can just like this." And I did it again. He tried but just couldn't do it.
"I can't see my nose." He said irritated.
"Well, I can." I said and crossed my eyes, yet again.
"Mom, is that because your nose is so big?"

I hope you're recording this stuff somewhere so Ri and Wes can read it when they're in high school!! They're keepin' me in stitches...!!!
ReplyDelete