Friday, May 22, 2009

Warm Temperatures and a little Destressing!!

Life has been even more crazier then usually the last few weeks, this week was a really tough one. So needing to get away from everything, on Monday, I told the boys that we would go grab a pizza and find a park to eat it at and then let them play for a little while. They both loved the idea, and I made myself forget about all the things that I needed to do at home, or that were waiting for me at work for the week. The park that I was planning on going to, ended up just being a field and a pavilion, (I swear it used to have a play ground.) Since a pavilion and a field is rather boring, we went in search of another one. I had an inkling of where I remember a park from quite a few years ago, and we drove down a couple of roads before we found it. Not only was is an actual park, and had a playground, but had two bonuses: a creek, and quiet. I of course had not brought my camera, so I didn't get any of the pictures of the boys playing in the creek that day!! However, we went back on Wednesday (Sophie joined us).
Riley made us sandwiches with pepperoni and we grabbed some chips and headed out.

After Monday and racing sticks down the stream, the boys spent most of Tuesday night making boats to race down it for when we went back.






I was told that Sophie would love to play on the slides and the playground, but we got her to go down one slide, and then she just wanted to wander, eat, throw boats & leaves in the water, and her favorite thing - walking back and forth and back and forth and back and forth over the bridge. Once again we had a blast, and it was very relaxing.
And then we went back again tonight (my Phil, Angie, Angie's Phil, and Sophie all joined us.)


Tonight instead of most of the time spent racing boat, jumping the stream (or stepping across it for Phil W.) was the favorite passtime of choice, along with splashing. As well as Sophie proving that she really did like to play on the play ground.


3 comments:

  1. Ummm....pretty sure that I threatened your life if you added that picture of me hopping the creek! :)
    Riley had much better form and grace than I did. I look like a retarded bird trying to take flight.
    But the evening was sure fun. Thanks for letting us join you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Retarded bird??? That's just highly developed form, baby!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the jumping shots? Maybe there's an Olympic sport in there somewhere.
    Where's the park--I almost recognize it, but can't place it.

    ReplyDelete