Sunday, September 6, 2009

Football!!

Saturday was Riley's first Football game - Ever!!! He was excited and nervous - almost as much as his mother! Anyway - he did great! He's the left guard on the offensive line (I know that sounds like I know what I'm talking about - but I've just had to memorize it, and then I turn to Phil and ask a lot of questions. But give me a couple of years of this and I'll know and love all the football terms and what they mean!) So that said - let me try to explain what each of the following pictures are of. (By the way - he is #66)
This is one of his warm ups from before the game - knee-ups.
Riley getting down on the line (he's the one just in front of the referee). Helping to make a block (I think they were suppose to be opening up a hole or whatever it's called to let the runner through).
Making a perfect block.
Walking away from the huddle to get down on the line. (I don't know if that the right term, but the coach always tells them to get on the line and then yells "down". So that's what I'll call it.)
Another great block.
The huddle.

We are so proud of Riley - every time I think he's getting upset or depressed or is going to be hating it, he surprises me and tells me how much he LOVES it!! He never gives up and tries his best at all times!! Watching him play football was a total blast!! It was great!!! (We won't mention the score though - no need - because he had fun, it doesn't really matter, right??)

1 comment:

  1. WOW. That looks like a real NFL football game.
    If the coaches and refs weren't three heads taller than all the players, you might have fooled me into thinking it really was.
    Way to go Riley!

    ReplyDelete