Tuesday, November 10, 2009

lately . . .

I’m not going to apologize for not finishing my goal of every other day for a month. I have tried to feel guilty about it, I tried really really really hard for one or two seconds once or twice a week when I had a second or two to think about anything but what I had to do or where I had to be or what needed to be finished, cooked, bought, made, baked, cleaned, sewn or shuttled to and fro. But just couldn’t find the time to feel guilty – so I don’t!! Oh Well. Anyway – I figured I should take just a moment to show a few pictures of some BIG things we have done the past few week.

First of all – Halloween! Riley was a “nerd” and I think this was one of the best costumes I had ever seen. (Certainly my favorite ever for him - even more so then the elephant , which was adorable).

Wesley had to be a Power Ranger – and was the best looking, cutest Power Rangers ever. (Sorry Tommy, it’s the truth.)

Also Riley had a great season of Football. His team took second place in the Division as well as went on to play in the Championship game – and ended up placing second in the League!! Yeah Riley!!! They may have not won the Championship game – but they lost to the only team they had lost to the whole season – and they played better every time they played that team. We are so proud of Riley – and he can’t wait to start playing again next year!!


5 comments:

  1. Although you wouldn't normally use the terms "nerd" and "cute" to describe the same person, in this case I think it's appropriate...Riley, you make a very cute nerd!! And congratulations on your football--it's been fun watching you play!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't decide if that's his real hair...just dyed red. Or if it's a wig.
    Either way, he's pretty nerdy looking!
    I can't say that I usually like Power Rangers, but if they are all as cute as Wes, I might start watching.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Uncle Mark's favorite character for Halloween has always been a nerd - Riley you have made "Great Uncle Nerd" very proud!! Nerds always need Power Rangers close by to protect them from those jock football players also featured in the blog today!

    ReplyDelete
  4. They are awesome costumes!!! You guys picked out great ones!!! Sorry that I missed you when you came to moms :-(

    Also A.W. and I would love to come and watch Riley play football sometime, well next season of course!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It was so fun to come and see Riley's game and to spend some time with you guys for Halloween. I do have to say that the nerd costume was fantastic... cute nerd.
    And a pretty cute power ranger who was proud of his brother the football player.

    ReplyDelete