Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Just a little Catch up!!

Halloween!!
Both of the boys wanted to dress up as old men.
Thanksgiving! - I forgot to take any pictures of this!  Oops!
However the day after Thanksgiving we started decorating for Christmas.
Then a Broken Toe.  Riley was at Tae Kwon Do and did a jump and then landed on his big toe.
It looked like this:
And he had to wear this:

Then we went Christmas Tree Shopping.
(I know the picture above is of our Christmas Tree.  But I really missed going to the Christmas Tree lots and Wesley had never been searching for a tree before.  So we decided to go find us a small tree to decorate and put up outside.  And we loved it so much it's going to become a tradition.)
 We made our own decorations for the tree outside.  The boys (including Phil) loved painting them as well as how they looked on the tree.



A friend of mine at work found this great idea for an advent calendar on line that was made out of an over the door shoe rack.  It's still only in it's first stage (I'm going to add more to it next year)  but I think it turned out pretty cute - and the boys adored it. 

Then of course was Christmas Eve, Christmas Day and Boxing Day Fiesta.
(Again I didn't take many pictures.)

Riley got a BB Gun for Christmas - and the boys had to take it out once it stopped snowing and the fog went away - and get in some target practice.  (I also took a couple shots myself)


And then we went Sledding.  (It took a little bit of convincing for us to get Riley to go, since he broke an arm last year - but once he went down the first time - he was hooked again.)  And boy did Porter love that snow even though it was frigid outside.  I think all the boys would have stayed as long as we let them - but Chelle and me were about to become icicles and we made them leave.



Now school's back in, Christmas is cleaned up, and life continues on.  But what a wonderful Christmas for us to remember.

4 comments:

  1. Love the outdoor tree and its ornaments!
    And your boys.
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAY!! You're back! It was a fun holiday season, wasn't it??

    Tell me what the new picture is in your header?? Can't figure that one out...help me??

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Picture at the top is of our side yard grass - Each individual blade of grass was encased in ice. It was when the "blizzard" hit around Thanksgiving - and got supper cold. The crazy winds made our sprinklers (that haven't worked for two years) turn on through out the night and by morning our entire side yard was encased in the coolest looking ice. I've got tons of awesome pictures of it. But that one is a close up.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the pinecone decorations! How adorable.
    And I agree with Momma, the header is pretty awesome.
    Thanks for letting us come sledding with you!

    ReplyDelete