Monday, November 19, 2007

Fantastically Proud Parents!!

My kids are fantastic - and I know I'm biased - but it's true all the same. And I was so amazingly proud Friday night as I watched my 6 year old get up in front of his teacher and two almost complete strangers and show them that although he was the student at the lowest level at the testing, and was the kid who had been taking Tae kwon Do for the least amount of time out of the kids there, that he knew his stuff! In fact he even shocked his mom and dad! They first brought the kids up to ask them a few questions and make sure they knew a few of the basics, starting with the lowest level belt there, that was Riley - and he was the only green striped belt, so he had to get up all by himself! The first question they asked him was to show them the "relaxed something-or-other stance." (Obviously I'm not sure of the exact wording on this stance.) Phil and I both took a quick panicky look at each other, neither of us having a clue as to what they were asking him to do, and we were sure we had known it all, since we have been quizzing him and practicing with him. So we hurriedly looked back to hopefully give a nice, "It's Okay, don't worry about it," look at Riley, and instead had our mouths drop open as he immediately and very confindently took the stance. How he knew what they had asked him to do, was beyond me! I have prided myself on paying attention in his class, so that I will know the correct ways to help him at home, but apparently I don't pay quite as close attention as my son does!! From that point on, I knew he would do well. And I was right - he did amazing. Yelling his "Yes, sirs" and "Ke-yah's" and doing everything as well as could be imagined! I was beaming almost as much as he was by the time they dismissed him and he came over to us with his brand new very first "ranking belt." A white belt with a yellow stripe!! Like I said at the beginning - My kids are Fantastic!!



1 comment:

  1. He is such a handsome boy!! And we are all proud of him getting his new belt! - Jeni K.

    ReplyDelete