Every other Friday we get the pleasure of having Riley’s best friend over for the evening! I pick Ethan up at Lori’s when I go and get Bubba (Wes seems to be known only as Bubba at Lori’s, and it has started catching on at home as well). Ethan then comes and hangs out at our house for most of the night! (We take him home - just before bedtime.) I think it is both Riley and Ethan’s favorite time!

This week we had a front yard full of leaves - we still do - and the boys decided that they needed to spend time doing the only thing that leaves are really good for! Making piles and jumping into them! And then of course instead of actually picking up the leaves and throwing them away – they had to throw them at each other! It was quite fun for everyone involved.

Then there is Bubba – he stayed away from the leaf fight – but he has decided that he can do everything that anyone else can do! And that most of all, means that he can put on his own shoes! (However, you have to tell him to get his shoes on, about 15 minutes before you really need to leave.) He is getting faster now – but I got wonderful shots of him doing it for the first time!

I got a beautiful “I DID IT!” shout and grin as the back of the first shoe slipped over the heel and he must have been just thrilled inside – because you can see some of that thrill just beaming from his face.

As far as the final product – Here is what he ended up with! And we went to the store with the shoes exactly like that! I mean why would I redo them – they are perfect just the way he did it!!

No comments:
Post a Comment