Tuesday, January 22, 2008

I Blame Angie and Phil . . .

It all started with a very innocent and thoughtful (I think) Christmas Present. However I’ve decided that people need to really really think and consider just how a present might affect an entire household, before they are allowed to give it. Because now it’s all over the place, in the living room, in the bedrooms, on the T.V. , on MP3 players, in the car . . . it’s even followed me to work. Veggie Tales, and especially “Silly Songs with Larry” are everywhere.
The first one was “If it doesn’t have a tail it’s not a monkey!” Hilarious – but was repeated every time we saw something with a tail. “A Kite has a tail” – “then it’s a monkey.” Now it’s “The Cheeseburger song.” My least favorite, but Phil and Riley’s favorite. “The Dance of the Cucumber” which Riley likes to perform at least once a night in the living room. And then there is mine and Wesley’s favorite “The song of the Cebu.” (Wes calls it the MOO-MOO song.) Then there is “Endanger Love” which of course is all about Bill and Barbara Manitee, speaking French and going to the Ball. And we can’t forget “I love my Lips” and “The Pirates who don’t do anything.” (Everyone must listen to these at least once.) However that is when the trouble starts. Just listening to them once is not enough, they stick in your head, and are so funny that you then have to listen to them again and again and again and again. At first I thought that I definitely needed to call and thank Angie and Phil for introducing us to such fun. Until I found myself at work, humming “Endangered Love,” I whistle “The Yodeling Veterinarian of the Alps” while I make dinner, and I sing to “The Song of the Cebu” at the top of my lungs in the car, even when I’m all alone. That is why I decided that I needed to BLAME then instead.
I do believe that July is Sophie’s birthday, right?? I have the perfect gift for her!!! Just Kidding – Thanks guys we love it!!

2 comments:

  1. I love my lips is my favorite!! I absolutely love that song.
    I would really like to see Rilery's rendition of the "Dance of the Cucumber".

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had no idea that it would create such chaos and addiction! I just thought that it was funny...glad to bring such joy into your lives!
    I haven't heard of half of these songs...I think we may have to come over and have you introduce them to us, since it seems it was all our fault to begin with!
    YOU'RE WELCOME!!

    ReplyDelete