I know some people don't care to fly, it's nerve racking, or they get sick or, whatever, but that's not me. I've only flown to California and back and then recently to Dallas and back, but it was just as fascinating and exciting this time, as it was the first time. The little girl in the seat across the aisle, as we started take-off and then finally left the ground, shouted "Wee" and I agreed with her. Even the turbulence all the way back, and the fact that the seat belt signs never turned off, didn't bother me. And what a view!!!
Anyway, we made it to Dallas, and we decided to walk over to the Convention Center that first day! They gave us a map and we figured not problem. Especially when Phil decided to get all "Joey-ish" and "got into his map"!
We had a great time in Dallas, we were "Wined and Dined" (although we avoided the Wine part), but enjoyed the limo ride, and the expensive dinners and lunches. I went on a few tours, and got to see and find out new things. We went to some Museums for our last tour and saw things like this:
A Picasso! And a Van Gogh! (Yeah, I thought they would be more exciting too!) Not that it wasn't fun to see those, as well as the other fantasticly famous artists you hear about. But I didn't enjoy that as much as I liked this:
And the night view out of our Hotel Window! We left the curtains open all night!! And then there was of course the fact that I finally got Phil to wear a Cowboy Hat!!
So, then we were home for a day and a half and then took off to the "High Uintahs"!! Where the whole family converged to:

A Picasso! And a Van Gogh! (Yeah, I thought they would be more exciting too!) Not that it wasn't fun to see those, as well as the other fantasticly famous artists you hear about. But I didn't enjoy that as much as I liked this:
So, then we were home for a day and a half and then took off to the "High Uintahs"!! Where the whole family converged to:

The places we went and the buildings that we saw! (Fountain Place and the Old Red Museum!) 









Play "Pooh Sticks",
Not to mention, roast Starburst, get snowed on, throw rocks, sleep in uncomfortable beds, eat great food, and just overall have a fantastic time!
That WAS fun, wasn't it!! You got some cute shots...next year maybe we'll have to take Riley's suggestion of playing "Pooh Jackets!"
ReplyDeleteHey hey now! Who's that making a "funny face"? I thought that was the one I asked to have deleted (or didn't I ask for all of those to be deleted)????
ReplyDeleteIt was a great weekend and I absolutely love the shot with Mom and all the grandkids!
What a fun time we all had. I'm glad someone decided it was a good idea to bring a camera and document the occasion.
ReplyDeleteI'm slightly disappointed that the entire Chelle modeling session was not included for all to see, but I do think you chose the best one. Captures her personality a little too well, I think! :)