Thursday, November 20, 2008

A little more Braggin'!!

I know I get on here and brag a lot. But I figure since it's not about me, then it's Okay! I'm a mom and I'm suppose to brag about my kids right?? (I mean what kind of horrible mom would I be if I didn't brag about my kids.) Well, I definitely don't want to be a horrible mom, so here I am again, ready to brag away!!

So about a month or so ago, Riley got home from school and ran in the house, and before he even said "Hello" he said, "Mom, I want to enter the Reflections contest." After I said "Hello" to him, I then agreed that if he wanted to do Reflections, then darn it all, he should do Reflections. He then proceeded to tell me that he wanted to enter the pictures I had taken at the zoo! So I sat him down, and explained that I didn't want to enter the Reflections Contest, and probably couldn't at my age, but that if he wanted to take some pictures of something and enter the Photography portion of the contest, then I would happily teach him how to use my camera. This of course, was taken very very very well, since pretty much NOONE is allowed to touch my camera at my house, and here I was telling him that I would let him use it, so he felt this was pretty awesome. So we spent then next couple of days, and then weeks out in the yard letting Riley practice, and play with my camera and try all of the different lenses. Then he decided that he wanted to take pictures of Dinosaurs, so we headed to the museum at Thanksgiving point. I gave him the camera, and let him 'go to town' (he took almost 400 pictures at the museum). Afterwards he picked out the ones he wanted to enter, and he made a collage of them, and entered. Anyway, last night we went to see how he did. (I love that they make sure to give all of the kids that enter a medal, and make them know that they are important, and did something wonderful.) But RILEY WON. Yes he got the participation medal, but he also got a silver medal (Award of Merit)!!! And they are sending his Photographs onto the next stage of the contest!!! Yeah Riley!! I know I've said this before! But I'm so proud of him!!

5 comments:

  1. That. Is. Awesome!!
    So, it looks like we have another photographer in the family!
    Yay for Riley!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Riley - Reflections is a very big deal at our school too. I can't wait to go to school tomorrow and "brag" about my "great nephew".

    ReplyDelete
  3. So exciting...Congratulations, Riley Roo!

    ReplyDelete