Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Explainations, Goals/Promises, and Funnies!!

I’ve realized – not just recently, it’s something I realized a while back – that I’m horrible at this blogging thing. I look at least once every day, if not twice or three times at all of my sisters and Emily & Geoff’s and sometimes even a few others that I know of! But mine sits here week after week just waiting to be updated. I think about updating it daily (while looking at everyone elses) but I just never get around to doing it! I know I’m crazy busy, but nowadays who isn’t, so if everyone else can update theirs then why can’t I. So I’ve made a goal – to post at least every other day for the next month! (I figured it would take that long to catch up with everything we’ve done this past little while!)

So here is the first one – Just a few funnies from my crazy kids!! (A couple of these some of you might have heard before – but a few should be new to most of you!!)

Wesley stated to me just the other day “Mom, when you walk your butt wiggles!” He has told me this several times since (mainly because it got such a laugh the first time) however, the other day he stated “Not just your butt wiggles, everyone’s butt wiggles when they walk!!

Phil was trying to convince his cousin, Steve, that they should get a minivan, for the comfort and space that you get. Steven mentioned that they were kind of “Dorky” – and Riley (I’m not sure if he was trying to help or not) piped up “The only thing Dorky about a minivan is the guy driving it!”

For Riley’s Baptism we went to J.C.Penneys and got him new pants, ties and a white shirt – we also decided to get Wesley something nice to wear. At Riley’s baptism Wes told my mom that we had got him new clothes “at the money store!” It took me a minute to realize that I’d called the store “Pennies!” That would explain why was wondering where they kept all the money!

A while back I had a picture of me as a baby hanging on the Fridge. Someone (I can’t remember who) asked Riley who was in the picture! He told them that it was him as a baby! I just shook my head – and trying to give him a hint said “No, that’s a picture of a little girl.” He got the funniest look on his face, and his eyes got huge. In a rather worried voice he questioned, “What, I’m a girl??”

I was driving to work this morning and noticed a light on the dash that I had never seen before. I called Phil a little worried, and Wes was in the background hearing Phil try to describe the light, and what it meant. He perfectly described what the light looked like, and told me that it was the radiator, and it was low on water. Well, not to be outdone, Wes asked Phil to give him the phone for a minute – and for the next couple of minutes, Wes decided to explain to me what a radiator was, and how I could fix it. I didn’t hear much after his first sentence “Mom, a radiator is kind of like a CD Player – but not really . . . “

(Okay so this last one is more of a “crazy mom” story, but it makes me die of laughter just thinking about it, so I have to tell it anyway.)

Since Riley started playing tackle football – we had to get a few “sports” items that we haven’t ever had to purchase before! The day we signed up, they fitted him for shoulder pads, pants & a helmet, as well giving him thigh, hip, knee and tailbone pads (without explaining what any of these things were for to his idiot mother.) Well, we went home and tried to figure out how everything fit onto him, and since I don’t know much about sports equipment. Well, I mistook the tailbone pad as something that would go “in the front”, seeing as that seemed like a rather important part to take care of, but it didn’t seem to fit right. So I ended up getting online and looked up football equipment and found out where it really went, but by then Riley was wondering what kind of protection he would get “in the front”! I explained that he and his dad would have to go out and buy a “cup”, because regular pads wouldn’t give him enough protection, that it needed to be made of something stronger, like plastic! (I thought this was more than enough of an explanation.) But he gave me a funny look and wondered why we needed to by a “cup” because we had a lot in the cupboard already, and how would that help to protect his private parts anyway. I then explained that it was just called a “cup” and it didn’t actually look like a cup you would drink out of. “How does that protect me?” He wanted to know – and with Phil still at work, I tried to come up with a way to explain all of this to him. So being a genius (stupid mother) I grabbed an actual cup out of the cupboard, and a kitchen towel. I had him put his hand out and covered it with the kitchen towel, and explained to him that the kitchen towel was like a regular pad. I then slightly smacked his hand. “Did you feel that?” I asked. He nodded, than I placed the kitchen cup over his hand and smacked the cup and again asked if he felt that. “No.” was his reply as he finally understood. Then I quickly left the room to hide the tears of laughter that were soon to be streaming down my face, and hoping that Wes had been paying attention, so I didn’t have to explain again in a couple of years.

3 comments:

  1. I love it! You have two darling little boys, and now I get to see and hear about them every other day for a whole month! That's not gonna be easy... I'm excited to see it!
    Mom only told me about the "money store" story... they all got a pretty good laugh from me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellent goal! I'm going to hold you to it, too. If I don't see a new post every other day, you'll be getting a call from a very angry Angie.
    I so wish that I could have been there to see the object lesson for the cup. I think I would have wet my pants laughing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pretty funny...reminds me of a story about Dad, a couple of you olders girls, and preparing to go swimming! Anyone remember?? And I'm looking forward to a every-other-day post too...and maybe keeping my fingers crossed there's a picture or two of my boys...

    ReplyDelete