
Sometimes I just sit back and look up at the collage of pictures hanging on my office wall, and wonder, when did all of this happen??
On my rather large wall, there are pictures of all four of us sisters, my wedding, and my sister’s weddings. There are pictures of Riley’s birth and pictures of Jack who made me an aunt for the first time, pictures of Wesley’s birth and pictures of Porter and Sophie, who made me an Aunt three times over. There’s a picture of Riley wearing his Karate uniform for the first time, and one of Wesley with his little head-shaping helmet on. Some pictures with my boys together, and many of them individually that show the progression of their growth.
The other day Riley came home and told me how he got to watch the ballet dancers in the lunchroom, and I just smiled, and asked if it was Ballet West. He was shocked that I knew. But, wasn’t it just yesterday that I was walking down the halls of Aspen Elementary, thinking how grown up I was as I toted my chair to the lunchroom to watch Ballet West perform Little Red Riding Hood for our school. It wasn’t Little Red Riding Hood that Riley had seen, in fact, I don’t remember now what he said it was, for in my head I can only see the Wolf and the beautiful girl with the red cape short enough that it barely touched her tutu. How is it that I have a child that is experiencing so many of the things, that I swear, I just experienced yesterday. I truly wonder - when did all of this happen??
No comments:
Post a Comment