So for my birthday - I promised that I was going to take any money that I got and put it towards getting my computer updated so that it might be able to go faster then "cold tar flowing uphill". So I finally did it, and it took four days for them to decide what was wrong and then one day to fix it. But it was worth not having my computer for a few days. I've been avoiding even using my computer for the last year unless I feel it absolutely necessary, and I've ben using Phil's whenever I can (but his doesn't have all my photo stuff to down load pictures with, so I've just avoided that too.) Now I'm up and running - and spent awhile last night downloading picture from the past two or so months. (Not that I had all that many since I've been avoiding that too, knowing that I couldn't really download them unless I had an extra week to wait for my computer to start up.)
But now I've got a computer that turns on in less then a day, so I can start taking more pictures. Yay!!!
So anyway, Riley and Phil have been busy with the Cub Scouts. February was the Blue and Gold Banquet.
Riley is fascinated with all things ancient Egyptian - so his cake was a Pyramid next to the Nile River with camels, and hippos and sand (Crushed Pecan Sandies) surrounding it.
Then this month was the Pinewood Derby. Phil was super busy with homework - so the poor boys only had me to help with their cars, and since I know nothing about the Pinewood Derby - I didn't do such a great job. Neither one won - but they also didn't come in last place - so I guess it wasn't too horrible. But I think they all had fun. (That's Riley's car coming in Second Place.)
No comments:
Post a Comment